One Audience Group Mission
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Audience Group Mission

Forum for members to post about their vision to reach lost souls and to unite.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Homeless Ministry 5/5/05

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cephas
Cook
Cook
Cephas

Homeless Ministry 5/5/05 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeless Ministry 5/5/05   Homeless Ministry 5/5/05 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:21 pm

What Mai said about being able talk to these people is so true. Once you hear their stories you realize they are just like you and just unfortunate events have made them homeless.
Back to top Go down
stephanie
Receptionist
Receptionist
stephanie

PostSubject: Re: Homeless Ministry 5/5/05   Homeless Ministry 5/5/05 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:00 pm

I have to agree with khoa. The Thai food there is not as good as before. We ordered green curry and it didn't taste like green curry at all. It was more like vietnamese yellow curry. Anyways the homeless ministry was really cool. Before i was scared to approach homeless , but now it opened my eyes that they are very nice and they don't bite. There are some i talked to that has tremendous faith in God and it's very encouraging. Smile
Back to top Go down
khoa
Cook
Cook
khoa

PostSubject: Re: Homeless Ministry 5/5/05   Homeless Ministry 5/5/05 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 1:45 pm

Tracy showed up just for food Shocked ? I could've done that too Laughing . Thai food there is not as good anymore I think. We've been there twice since the change of management. The taste is slightly different. C4 and I will try to make it next time. Only one of us can go because the other has to babysit Sarah.
Cephas wrote:
Last night Mai, Hiep, and myself went downtown for the homeless ministry. We had a good turnout of roughly 20 people. We had less food then we normally did but we make do with what we have. We headed to A and Union. It's a place where most of the homeless know we are coming are generally friendly to us. Hiep and Mai had a in depth talks with a few of the homeless and really got a chance to get to know some of these people. I myself saw a brother that I hadn't seen in quite sometime. We got pray for a few people and the Lord in faith will answer.

Afterwards we went to the Thai restaurant on Linda Vista Rd where we met Tracy and ate good. They have new management and surprisingly not asian like customer service.
Back to top Go down
hiephop
Admin
hiephop

PostSubject: Re: Homeless Ministry 5/5/05   Homeless Ministry 5/5/05 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 12:37 pm

Yeah, it was great to hear some of these people say that Christ's body has been making somewhat of a difference in their lives and the community. I'm trying to go to one place for 2 consecutive weeks then kinda rotate the location so we can get to know them better.
Back to top Go down
https://4christ.forumotion.com
Cephas
Cook
Cook
Cephas

PostSubject: Re: Homeless Ministry 5/5/05   Homeless Ministry 5/5/05 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:44 am

Last night Mai, Hiep, and myself went downtown for the homeless ministry. We had a good turnout of roughly 20 people. We had less food then we normally did but we make do with what we have. We headed to A and Union. It's a place where most of the homeless know we are coming are generally friendly to us. Hiep and Mai had a in depth talks with a few of the homeless and really got a chance to get to know some of these people. I myself saw a brother that I hadn't seen in quite sometime. We got pray for a few people and the Lord in faith will answer.

Afterwards we went to the Thai restaurant on Linda Vista Rd where we met Tracy and ate good. They have new management and surprisingly not asian like customer service.
Back to top Go down
Cephas
Cook
Cook
Cephas

PostSubject: Homeless Ministry 5/5/05   Homeless Ministry 5/5/05 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 9:08 am

I'm going along with Hiep and Nhan tonight. If you want to come give me, Jimmy, a call. We start at 7 pm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homeless Ministry 5/5/05   Homeless Ministry 5/5/05 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homeless Ministry 5/5/05
Page 1 of 1