One Audience Group Mission
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Audience Group Mission

Forum for members to post about their vision to reach lost souls and to unite.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008

Go down 
+3
hiephop
stephanie
Tapioca
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tapioca
Waiter
Waiter
Tapioca

Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008   Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 11:20 pm

It's good to see some of us today at Horizon church serving people in our community. It was a blessing for me to see so many people coming for the service. I felt very overwhelm because so many came wanting our assistance. But Horizon has been doing it for years, I think, so they had a pretty good system. Nurses, EMTs were there to assist doctors and we had lots of medications donated from who knows where.

There were many stations: haircut, foot washing/massage, shower, manicure/pedicure, facial, food (off course), medical, dental, internet/resume, and legal advice, children ministry.

Today showed me what a group of people can do to help the community and I just feel blessed to be a part of it.

If you came and volunteered, I want to know what you did and what you saw. I think other people will be blessed with your sharing. Thanks.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tapioca
Waiter
Waiter
Tapioca

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008   Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:38 am

I got the morning shift for medical assistant. See you guys there.
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Waiter
Waiter
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008   Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:24 am

ok i just signed up for 8-12 for hte children's ministry
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Waiter
Waiter
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008   Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:23 am

I think that I'm going.

What shifts are you guys all doing specifically?
Back to top Go down
TIFF-n-NAY
Waiter
Waiter
TIFF-n-NAY

Location : This is a small world after all~ (But it's big enough so you can't find me >>)

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008   Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 11:26 pm

Maybe my dad would let me go if Michelle goes xD or Hiep... I just can't decide... I'll post again if I could go and when...
Back to top Go down
hiephop
Admin
hiephop

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008   Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 12:11 pm

I'm signing up today.
Back to top Go down
https://4christ.forumotion.com
Cephas
Cook
Cook
Cephas

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008   Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:14 am

Im going.
Back to top Go down
khoa
Cook
Cook
khoa

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008   Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 1:19 am

C4 and I are tentative for we don't know how C4 is going to feel on that day. I may have to babysit Sarah as well. However, I'll pray that it'll work out so we can go.
Back to top Go down
hiephop
Admin
hiephop

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008   Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:43 am

I've always wanted to do this instead of hanging out and eat during that weekend. Anyhow, I'm in for the glory of our Father! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://4christ.forumotion.com
stephanie
Receptionist
Receptionist
stephanie

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008   Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:59 pm

I think it's a good idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tapioca
Waiter
Waiter
Tapioca

PostSubject: Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008   Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:31 am

I realize we are still in progress with the Call and preparing for it. However, I have a friend who works for Horizon church and he sent me an email which I thought was interesting. I know Thanksgiving is a month away but if you know ahead what you want to do and if your family doesn't get together on Thanksgiving, it can be a chance for us to serve and give thanks to God. Fortunately, I won't work on Thanksgiving, so I am in for this.

Hihihi, please take a peek at what activities are available and sign up quickly to the activity that you are interested in. You can go to the site below for more info. If it doesn't answer your question, you can email RaY Regno.

Hi Tracy,
Not sure what you're doing on Thanksgiving, but Nikki mentioned you had a heart for the homeless.
Every Thanksgiving, we do an outreach to the homeless community. We send our buses all around San Diego to bring the homeless back to our campus where we let them use our showers, give them haircuts, medical/dental attention, a free meal, as well as other free services.
I'll be releasing our new online volunteer signup tool on Wednesday and thought I'd give you first dibs to sign up to serve if you're interested. =)
Here's the link: http://www.horizonsd.org/get_involved
Blessings,Ray

**********************************Ray Regno Horizon Christian Fellowship rregno@horizonsd.org 858.277.4991 x1012

And my reply was:

Hi Ray, Thanks for sending me this email. I go to a Vietnamese church as well and we have about 15 youth (age 14-17) and I was thinking of what we can do for Thanksgiving. The rock church has this event as well but require volunteers to be above 18 years old. Is there a age limit for Horizon, if not, you might just answered my prayer. If there is an age limit, I, myself possibly will go. Since the rock has something similar, so I don't know. God bless, Tracy

And his reply was:

Howdy. I just confirmed with Pastor Mickey. You guys are good to go. Smile
You can sign everyone up using the online tool I sent you. Let me know if you have any issues with it. I just built it and it hasn't really been tested yet. Wink
If you can, have everyone volunteer asap because once the word get out the 'fun' spots fill up fast.
BTW is this the group from Calvary Baptist? My friend used to be an assistant pastor there. He discipled me for a while. We met at the church there once a week. Small world huh?
Ray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008   Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Outreach at Horizon 2008
Page 1 of 1